Unquestionably, latest research advancements and development of new cosmetic and health products have phenomenally transformed the global healthcare and beauty industry in recent years. The possibility of the extraction and successful incorporation of new molecules has led to the introduction of new yet extremely viable products in the market.
Usually integrating one or more potential constituents, a plethora of these products are used in the form of cosmetics, functional foods and dietary supplements. These products are known to benefit humans in many ways, depending on their key constituents. One such ingredient is “copper peptide,” which is a potent antioxidant and believed to be good for skin and hair.
Availability and Functionality:
Copper Peptide is a complex of copper ions and peptides. It naturally occurs in the form of GHK–Cu — copper (II) complex of glycyl–L–histidyl–L–lysine tripeptide. In addition to blood plasma, it can be also found in saliva and urine. Inside a body, copper peptides perform several critical functions that are as follows:
- Catalyze the process of wound healing, both in humans and animals
- Attract immune cells
- Antioxidant properties
- Anti–inflammatory effects
- Collagen activation
- Promote growth of blood vessels
- Gene expression modulation to a healthier state
These days, copper peptides are also produced artificially, known as synthetic GHK–Cu. It is mainly used in cosmetics as a regenerative and anti–aging agent.
Benefits of Synthetic Copper Peptides:
Owing to the clinically proven skin– and hair–related benefits of GKH–Cu, synthetic copper peptide is widely used in cosmetics and skin care products around the globe. Below discussed are some of the general and remedial benefits of copper peptide products:
- Anti–Wrinkle and Anti–Aging Benefits of GHK–Cu: With the normal process of aging, the concentration of naturally occurring copper peptides decrease in the body. The low concentration of GHK–Cu can be easily seen on the skin in the form of dull appearance as well as wrinkles. Moreover, factors like pollutants and exposure to sun further intensify the condition; thereby leading to the occurrence of such symptoms even before age. In conjunction with vitamin C, copper peptide encourages the growth of elastin and collagen and thus, helps in skin replenishment and nourishment, and brings back the youthful glow to the skin. Additionally, it promotes the production of superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme that fights against free radicals — a major contributor to early aging.
- Copper Peptides help in collagen production in the body, which supports the structure and the flexibility of the skin. It removes the dead collagen tissues from the skin and helps in the production of collagen and skin rejuvenation.
- Copper peptides encourage the growth of glycosaminoglycans — a type of carbohydrate, which helps in the maintenance of skin moisture. Copper peptide creams and moisturizers can be used to replenish dry skin.
- Acne Scars Treatment: Many hormonal changes occur until a child attains the age of puberty. These changes result in common skin problems like acne. Although acne and pimples can be cured with many medicated and skin care products, they usually leave marks on the face. Nevertheless, with the application of proper copper peptide skin care products, one can easily get rid of these scars. Copper Peptides provide a proper amount of copper required for a wound to heal without leaving scars.
- Copper Peptide in Hair Loss Treatment: Especially in males, hair fall is a very common problem these days. After a certain age, hair roots become weak and tend to fall even before than expected age. Since our skin and hair are made up of same tissues, copper peptide plays the similar role in replenishing the hair and maintenance its general health. A range of copper peptide hair products is extensively used in hair loss treatment and after hair transplants.
Apart from the skin and hair–related benefits of copper peptides, recent research has also shown evidence of its efficacy in DNA repair, nerve regeneration and as an anti–cancerous agent.
Side-Effects of Copper Peptides:
Despite its benefits, copper peptides are known to show several side–effects when used in excess quantities. A few of copper peptide side effects are given below:
- Skin Irritation: Copper peptides can cause contact dermatitis that is symptomized by red marks, skin rashes and burning sensations.
- Nervous Toxicity: Nervous problems like headache and tiredness may result from the excessive concentration of copper peptide in blood plasma, which usually occurs due to our body’s inability to release it out. Hence, copper peptide serums and creams should be used only after a professional consultation.
- Digestive Issues: As our liver and kidney are responsible for the removal of extra copper from copper peptides absorbed by our skin, chances are there that their traces may remain in the liver or kidney. This can give rise to digestive issues, such as abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Copper Toxicity: The excessive copper deposited in our organs can cause organ damage and organ failure.
Since all the above–discussed side–effects are caused by excessive use of copper peptide products, it is suggested to consult a dermatologist for recommended copper peptide dosage. Also, avoiding their long–term use can help you avoid GHK–Cu tripeptide side–effects.
Copper Peptide Products:
MYM, NCN PRO and GHK are world–famous brands that manufacture copper peptide products for skin care and treatment.
- Copper peptide oils such as EMU Oil, Retinol, and Celes Beauty Oil are available in the market that are highly popular anti–aging copper peptide products.
- GHK Also makes copper peptide skin creams that can be used for anti–aging and skin care purposes.
- Folligen and Doctor Gross makes copper peptide hair care products that promoting hair growth.
Viviscal is a famous copper peptide hair product brand used in the treatment of hair loss.
Where to Buy Copper Peptide?
Well, it’s quite simple! You can either visit an online skin and hair care product retailer or buy them from a nearby cosmetic or drug store.
In case you liked our article or we missed any important information, leave your comments below.