Healthy and Tasty: Easy Dairy-Free Broccoli Soup Recipe by Kimberly Snyder
Whenever someone talks about dairy products the first thing that comes to our mind is bloating and heaviness caused by consuming these foods. But, what if you can replace dairy products with healthy non-dairy alternatives? Check out this Easy Dairy-Free Broccoli Soup Recipe by Kimberly Snyder, to keep you healthy while helping you avoid problems associated with dairy products. Well, let us find out why are we using these ingredients and how are they beneficial for our health.
Why Say No to Dairy?
The first thing we need to talk about is why we are going dairy-free. Kimberly listed two major reasons to avoid dairy products. The first reason is that casein, the primary protein found in milk, is difficult to digest. Difficulty digesting protein can cause damage to the stomach and intestines leading to problems like malabsorption and autoimmune disorders. The second reason for opting dairy-free food is that lactose which is a sugar found in milk can cause various digestive disorders and stomach problems.
Also, Kimberly says that if we look at the creation of nature, we see that and how it has created a way for mammal mothers to feed their young ones. Cows stop producing milk after estranging the calves. However, dairy farmers keep breeding the cattle in order to maintain the lactation. This is clearly against the laws of nature. Also, defying the laws of nature always have some consequences. Some of the consequences of consuming dairy products are listed below:
- Lactose from milk can cause problems like bloating and gas and cause discomfort. Also, it can reduce insulin sensitivity and can lead to problems like type-2 diabetes.
- Dairy can cause acid formation.
- Dairy products can cause excess mucus formation, thus slowing down the process of digestion. This can cause toxicity in the digestive tract.
- Casein can also promote cancer.[Source]
For Easy Dairy-Free Broccoli Soup, Kimberly suggests using dairy alternatives derived from nuts like coconut milk, almond milk, almond milk, etc. Also, she says that these milks are better than soy milk.
Why Chose Broccoli?
Broccoli is rich in all types of antioxidants, including vitamins, minerals, and glucosinolate phytonutrients. It can be beneficial for improving digestion, detoxification and preventing inflammatory problems. The glucosinolate phytonutrients in broccoli include glucoraphanin, glucobrassicin, and gluconasturtiian. They can help in the detoxification process by activating, neutralizing, and then eliminating the unwanted contaminants. Also, it is rich in another phytonutrient known as kaempferol, which is effective in reducing the effect of allergy causing substances.
Also, broccoli is a great source of vitamins like vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin E. With all these nutrients broccoli becomes an amazing ingredient of the soup.
The ingredients and the method to prepare the soup are given below:
- Broccoli crowns (stem removed)- 2 large
- Coconut milk/almond milk (unsweetened)- 2 cups
- Onion (chopped)- 1
- Vegetable broth (low-sodium)- 2 cups
- Garlic clove (minced)- 1
- Sea salt- as per taste
- Black pepper (freshly ground)- as per taste
- Parsley- only to garnish
How to make:
- Take a large pan and add garlic and onions to it. Cook for about 5 minutes or until they soften.
- Now add coconut milk, vegetable broth, broccoli, salt and pepper to the mixture and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the broccoli softens.
- Add the soup to the blender and blend until it gets smooth. Now, again put the blended mixture in the pan and heat it. Later season it with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley.
Your healthy and tasty dairy-free broccoli soup is ready. Make it easily at your home and help your body detoxify and safeguard it against inflammatory issues.