Most of us suffer from one or other kind of allergies. These allergies might range from being mildly irritating or moderately annoying to seriously life threatening. There are numerous over-the-counter (OTC) medications available to treat these allergies. You may get everything from decongestants, antihistamines, eye drops and steroid skin creams.
Well, these medications might give you an instant relief but at the same time, these medications do not target the root cause(s) of the issue. Kimberly Snyder shares a few natural remedies that can actually help you in dealing with allergies.
Natural Ways to Treat Allergies
Allergies can be both irritating and mildly disabling. Kimberly advises to use natural ways to alleviate allergies. Read on to know how you can get rid of allergies naturally.
- Consume Quercetin: Quercetin is a naturally occurring compound, generally found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cabbage. It is believed that consumption of quercetin helps prevent allergies as it can reduce the hyperactivity and sensitivity of the airways. Kimberly feels this is more beneficial in the long term, but still very effective.
- Eat Different Types of Vegetables: You might get relief after you start binging on broccoli and many other leafy greens more often. You should also be aware that rotating your greens is also very crucial to get all the essential vitamins and minerals. You can try cabbage, kale, spinach and other leafy greens to alleviate and prevent allergic reactions.
- Sprinkle Apple Cider Vinegar Over Your Salad: There are numerous health benefits of apple cider vinegar. You can sprinkle it over your salad or you can just sip a bit of it. It might prevent allergies if consumed regularly.
- Use a Neti Pot: You can use a neti pot to cleanse your sinuses. Neti pot is an ancient Chinese and Indian medical device used for nasal saline irrigation. You can also use diluted apple cider vinegar to cleanse your sinuses.
- Consume Probiotics: Almost 80% of our immunity resides in the gut. If we don’t have a healthy microbiome, then our gut would be unhealthy due to imbalances. In such cases, allergies exacerbate, or we tend to develop more allergies. Up on regaining the gut balance, you will notice that you are no longer prone to allergies or will just experience milder symptoms. Kimberly advises trying different kinds of probiotics that can effectively combat stomach acids and start residing in your gut to enhance the immunity.
- Try Aromatherapy: You can use certain essential oils to get rid of allergies. Eucalyptus oil is one essential oil that can significantly alleviate or treat allergic symptoms. You can also use oil in a diffuser. If required, dilute the essential oil before using it. Alternatively, you can pour around 25 drops of eucalyptus oil while washing your clothes. This would help in getting eucalyptus oil in your proximity to cure allergies.
Kimberly believes that all these natural ways would help you in treating and preventing various types of allergies. She concludes that using medications along with these natural remedies might provide you even more relief. You can try these natural remedies to find what suits you best and to feel more capable of dealing with allergies.