Healthy and Tasty: Rainbow Chard Salad Recipe by Kimberly Snyder
Rainbow Chard Salad, one of the amazing recipes suggested by Kimberly Snyder, is packed up with crunchy veggies enhancing the peppering taste of rainbow chard. It is essential for the health and beauty of everyone who adds it to their diet.
Most people often add swiss chard to their salads, but how does it differ from rainbow chard. Well, they are equally nutritious and tastes similar, but what makes the difference is the colors on the plate. According to Kimberly, the rainbow chard fills up the plate with colors and makes it irresistible for the person to avoid it. Besides this, the nutritional facts about rainbow chard that makes it suitable to include in the healthy salad are:
- Rich source of Vitamins A, C and K and various essential minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, copper, and iron.
- Contains various forms of antioxidants, i.e. carotenoid, polyphenol, and betalain. These all can help in fighting harmful free-radical particles that causes inflammation inside body.
- Helps in regulating the levels of blood sugar in body.
Rainbow chard is a complete package, with their variety of benefits for skin, hair and the overall health of the body. They are rich in biotin, which is an organic compound that contributes to the health of hair and stimulates the hair follicles, thus promoting the growth of hair. Besides the vitamins A and C in the chard also supports the formation of sebum in body, thus improving the hair growth and helping the people with hair loss problem.
Besides, it also has various skin care benefits because some of its essential components including potassium, fiber, carotenoids (beta-carotene), and other vital nutrients. Also, it is rich in various antioxidants that can be essential for repairing skin cells, thus making the skin look younger and glowing.
Here is how you can make rainbow chard salad at home:
- Rainbow chard- 1 bunch
- Cherry tomatoes- 15 (cut halved)
- Carrots- 2 (chopped)
- Yellow bell pepper- 1 (chopped)
- Cucumber- 1 (chopped)
- Red cabbage- ½ (chopped)
- Cilantro- ½ cup
- Parsley- ½ cup
- Red onion (medium sized)- ¼
- Cumin- ½ teaspoon
- Cracked pepper- ¼ teaspoon
- Salt- ¼ teaspoon
- Lime juice- 1 tablespoon
- Red wine vinegar- 1 teaspoon
- Extra virgin olive oil- ¼ cup
- Garlic clove- 1 (optional)
How to make:
- Take rainbow chards in a bowl and layer them with the veggies mentioned in the ingredients.
- Put rest of the ingredients, i.e., spices and sauces in a food processor, or blend them in an electric blender.
- Mix the sauce with the bowl of veggies and chards by tossing.
Now your rainbow chard salad is ready to eat.