Category: TNF Alfa Inhibitors
Drug Name: Cimzia
General Usage: Used to Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis & Crohn’s disease
Brief Info about Cimzia in Drug:
Generic name of this medicine is Certolizumab. It is marketed under a brand name known as Cimzia.
Cimzia is useful to decrease the effects of those substances that may cause inflammation in our body. It is used to cure Rheumatoid Arthritis (moderate to severe) in adults. It is also used to diagnose Crohn’s disease when other medicines have been tried without successful treatment of signs.
Cimzia Side Effects Explained Better:
There are different kinds of drugs available, lots of reasons for trying them or commencing to use them regularly. Generally, people consume medicines just for the pleasure they suppose they can bring. But there is a dark side to every drug, be it is over the counter medications or prescribed drug. But when it comes to the comparison like which medicine has more side effects, an obvious answer is, over the counter medications because these are taken by people on their own without knowing its effect on body.
Adverse effects kicked up by overdose, prolonged use of a medicine and drug interactions together with minor or major side effects are mentioned below-
Frequent Cimzia Side Effects (Commonly Seen)-
Less serious Cimzia side effects may include-
- Mild diarrhea, stomach pain or constipation
- Sinus pain, stuffy nose
- Redness, swelling, pain, bleeding or itching where the medicine was given.
Although these side effects are not injurious to health, yet if they persist for a long time, you should notify your medical health provider at once.
Infrequent Cimzia Side Effects (Professional Point of View)-
Symptoms of allergic reaction to Cimzia-
- Swelling of your throat, face, lips, or tongue
- Difficulty breathing
You should always talk to your pharmacist or doctor if you are experiencing symptoms of lymphoma, these are as follows-
- Night sweats, fever, tiredness, weight loss
- Feeling full after having only a small amount of food
- Pain in upper stomach that may radiate to shoulder
- Easy bleeding or bruising, rapid heart rate, pale skin, short of breath or feeling light-headed
- Clay-colored stools, upper stomach pain, dark urine, loss of appetite, nausea, itching,
- Signs of jaundice-
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin
Other serious side effects-
- Signs of infection-
- Flu symptoms
- Sore throat
- Ongoing cough, chest pain, coughing up mucus or blood
- Shortness of breath with swelling of feet or ankles
- Swollen glands in your armpits, groin or neck
- Red spots, patchy skin color or a butterfly-shaped skin rash over nose & cheeks (worsens in sunlight)Severe peeling, blistering & red skin rash
- Burning or pain when you urinate
- Neck stiffness, confusion, convulsions (seizure)
- Swelling or joint pain with muscle aches, fever, vomiting, nausea, unusual behavior or thoughts
- Slow or rapid heart rate
- Numbness, dizziness, tingly feeling or vision problems, muscle weakness in legs or arms.
Get medical aid as you notice these side effects immediately without wasting your time.
Cimzia Overdose Side Effects (Require Immediate Medical Attention)-
Overdoses of chemicals or drugs can be either intentional or accidental but it is pernicious to health. You must contact an emergency room or run to your doctor immediately to run away from deleterious effects.
Cimzia Drug Interaction Side Effects (Due to Reaction with Other drugs)-
Drug interaction is a serious problem so let your doctor know if you are taking other medicines especially-
- Other medicines that make your immune system weak (such as- steroids or cancer medicine)
- Acthrel (corticorelin)
- Dalalone (dexamethasone)
- Anakinra (kineret)
- Busulfex (busulfan)
There are lots of medicines that may interact with Cimzia beside above-listed drugs. You should notify your doctor if you are having other medicines that are not given here.
Cimzia Prolonged Use Side Effects (When Used for Longer Periods)-
When this medicine is used for long periods of time, it does not work as efficiently as it should have been and may need higher doses to get the same effect as when initially taken. You should notify your medical healthcare provider if it halts working well.