Drug Name Cephradine
General Usage: Antibacterial
Brief Info about Cephradine in Drug:
Cephradine is marketed under a brand name known as Velosef. Cephradine belongs to a group of medicines called cephalosporin antibiotics. It kills bacteria in the body.
Cephradine is used to diagnose bacterial infections including ear infections, upper respiratory infections, urinary tract infections and skin infections.
Cephradine Side Effects Explained Better:
Drugs are usually perceived to be of benefit to human beings because these are used to diagnose various diseases. On the other hand, these can be highly damaging. Taking medicines in excess dosages or in small, using them wrongly or abusively can be detrimental to human life.
Side effects caused by Cephradine are categorized into many types that are mentioned below-Powder Packets
Frequent Cephradine Side Effects (Commonly Seen)-
Less serious side effects may include-
- Tight or stiff muscles
- Vomiting, nausea, mild diarrhea, stomach pain
- Feeling restless or hyperactive
- Joint pain
- Mild skin rash or itching
- Vaginal discharge or itching
- Unpleasant or unusual taste in mouth
Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you notice above-mentioned side effects.
Infrequent Cephradine Side Effects (Professional Point of View)-
Rush to your medical healthcare provider as soon as you feel any of these below-listed symptoms at once-
- Symptoms of allergic reaction-
- Swelling of your face tongue, lips, or throat
- Diarrhea that is bloody or watery
- Difficulty breathing
- Flu symptoms, fever, body aches, chills
- Fever, headache and sore throat with a severe peeling, blistering and red skin rash
- Unusual bleeding
- Tightness in the chest
- Convulsions (seizure)
- Yellowed or pale skin, fever, dark colored urine, weakness or confusion
- Signs of jaundice-
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin
- Skin rash, muscle weakness, severe tingling, numbness, bruising, pain
- Less urination or sometimes not at all
- Loss of appetite, increased thirst, feeling short of breath, swelling, weight gain.
Cephradine Overdose Side Effects (Require Immediate Medical Attention)-
Seek medical assistance immediately if you think, you have gulped down an extra quantity of Cephradine or experience below listed symptoms.
Cephradine Overdose symptoms may include-
- Stomach pain
Cephradine Drug Interaction Side Effects (Due to Reaction with Other drugs)-
Name indicates that drug interaction occurs only between medicines but it may take place between drug & substances, drug & foods etc. Drug interactions always beget new adverse effects.
So, you should tell your medical healthcare provider if you are consuming-
- A blood thinner, for instance- warfarin (Coumadin)
- Probenecid (Benemid)
- A diuretic or water pill, such as-
- Ethacrynic acid (Edecrin)
- Furosemide (Lasix)
- An antibiotic such as-
- Amikacin (Amikin)
- Tobramycin (Nebcin)
- Kanamycin (Kantrex)
- Gentamicin (Garamycin)
- Netilmicin (Netromycin)
- Neomycin (Mycifradin, Neo Fradin)
Cephradine Prolonged Use Side Effects (When Used for Longer Periods)-
Our body gets used to a drug when it is consumed for a long time because brain anticipates that drug will be there at all times & in the exact amount. Brain becomes entirely reliant on medicine. If you could not remember to take your drug by mistake, out brain is easily confused by it results in unpleasant effects.