Allergic rhinitis, sinusitis and allergic asthma and other similar health conditions are quite common these days. When your immune system reacts to a certain substance in the environment, it might result in an allergic reaction. There are several kinds of allergies and these might cause maximum discomfort to the eyes or nose. Allergic rhinitis, sinusitis and allergic asthma are very common among people residing in urban industrialized areas. People experiencing these conditions have allergic inflammation and increased sensitivity throughout their nasal airways, due to contact with allergens such as pollen or dust. Allergic rhinitis affects around 10% to 30% adults and around 40% children. The most common symptoms of these allergies include running nose, itchy eyes, persistent sneezing, phlegm and difficulties in breathing. These also significantly impacts a person’s daily activities and social life.
Sadhguru suggests several tips for coping with these nasal allergies:
- Grind few Indian lilac or neem leaves and make a soft ball of the paste. Dip this ball into raw honey and consume it on an empty stomach every morning. Do not consume anything for around an hour after having this neem ball to allow it to pass through your system. This remedy works effectively in treating all kinds of allergies – food, skin or anything else. You can continue with this practice throughout your life because neem has excellent medicinal properties. To reduce its bitterness, you can use tender neem leaves otherwise any freshly plucked leaves can work well.
- Crush around 10-12 black pepper corns and soak them in a tablespoon of raw honey overnight (eight to ten hours). Consume this paste in the morning. Adding half a teaspoon of turmeric to this paste can enhance the effects. This will significantly reduce your phlegm, if you have started avoiding all the dairy products.
- If you are suffering from asthma, honey can provide much needed relief to you. It provides appropriate warmth to the body and also dissolves any phlegm formation in your respiratory tract.
- In case of sudden allergic attack, you must consume warm water mixed with honey and crushed pepper. This can delay the attack by almost half an hour, giving you the required time for getting any medical intervention or medications. If this mixture is consumed daily, it can also help you in getting rid of nasal allergies completely.
- Soak few crushed holy basil leaves and black pepper in honey for around three to four hours. Chew this paste to avoid allergic spasms.
- You should avoid consuming jack-fruit, bananas, cooked beetroot (it can be consumed raw), dairy products and country beans if you are suffering from any of the nasal allergies. Also avoid consuming coconut because it forms mucus.
- It is important to keep your nasal passage clean for breathing properly.
Practicing certain yoga poses that specifically improve your breathing can also help in breathing properly. These can also strengthen your immune system and prevent breathing problems.
Sadhguru suggests that if you suffer from cold-related conditions and find your nostrils blocked when you wake up, you must consume turmeric, black pepper, honey and Indian lilac for prolonged relief.