If you want to boost your metabolism, gym is not the only place you need to hit. Taking care of nutrition is an easier way out. When fat-burning foods are incorporated in the diet, the entire system gets pepped up for natural detoxification.
Fat-burning foods help build muscle mass, reduce cravings and kick in weight loss. There are some foods that will make you burn calories even while you are chewing them. While many compounds and nutrients boost metabolism, a multitude of foods is also available that can help you remove excess fat from the body. All you need is to set up a routine that has to be followed religiously.
Discussed below are seven easily available fat-burning foods:
• Avocado: These have monounsaturated fats that stimulate fat-burning hormones and give energy for exercise. It also contains mannoheptulose, which is associated with blunting of the release of insulin and boosting absorption of calcium which is important for weight loss.
They are chock-full of antioxidants and vitamins and are exceptionally low in calories. A study indicated that people, who had avocados with their lunch, said that they had 40% less desire to eat during the after-lunch hours.
• Green Tea: It helps boost the metabolism as it is considered as one of the foods rich in antioxidants. It is a healthy alternative to coffee and has lots of nutrients that not only improve the function of the brain but satisfy your cravings and betters your mood. It has the natural potential to burn fat.
Green tea decreases the number of free radicals and lowers cancer risk. You can have a few cups in a day. This plant is grown where there is no sunlight so that the process of photosynthesis does not take place, which increases the levels of amino acids in it. These also have catechins – antioxidants that help in detoxification.
• Bison: The thermogenic effect of lean meats is high on the body. Around 30% calories are burnt during digestion. Red meat gives important proteins for bone and muscle building. It has a lot of zinc and vitamin B12. It is a very good-quality meat with high contents of amino acids and conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). It definitely has more protein and less fat and cholesterol as compared to beef.
• Eggs: Omega-3 fats present in eggs help improve sensitivity to insulin, leading to the reduction in fat in the abdominal area. It has protein and all the 9 essential amino acids.
Further, it has polyunsaturated fats that decrease inflammation. When you select eggs, make sure they are fresh, ethically sourced and cruelty-free. The marginal extra cost shouldn’t be painful.
• Chilli Peppers: It has high content of vitamin A, B6, C, K and potassium. So, you have a valid reason for eating spicy foods. A prominent fat-burning compound present in chillies is capsaicin. It has a thermogenic effect, which leads to burning of calories after its consumption. Add habaneros to your salad to enjoy extra antioxidant and serotonin.
• Clarified Butter (Ghee): Fat is a misunderstood macronutrient. Fats are important for our health. Trans fats are damaging, but other fats like the ones present in butter are important for us. Ghee has butyric acid and monounsaturated fatty acid, which reduces inflammation. It also has vitamin D, E, A and K. along with CLA and omega-6 fatty acid, which improves lean body mass. Hence, helps in weight loss.
• Grapefruit: Grapefruit juice is recommended by experts for maintaining the normal levels of blood sugar. It offsets the rise in insulin, which takes place after having extra carbs on a cheat meal day.
It has soluble fiber, so it takes longer to get digested. Therefore, this food kind of suppresses the appetite when taken before a meal. Having a glass of grapefruit juice will also ensure that you consume lesser calories.
• Bean Sprouts (Vigna radiata): Detoxification and burning of fat would be easier with alkaline diet. With leafy greens, you can add raw sprouts. These have vitamins A, C, E and B along with minerals like calcium, iron and potassium.
Mung bean sprouts do not have fat and have vitamin B2, which helps burn fat by promoting metabolism. The enzyme content of sprouts is high, which boosts digestion.
• Sweet Potatoes: These are rich in dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals. Sweet potatoes have vitamin C and B6 in addition to beta carotene and manganese to fight against inflammation. This food boosts the production of the hormone, adiponectin, which mobilizes fat in the body.
Include these fat-burning foods in your dietary regimen. They have vitamins and minerals, which are any day beneficial for you.