Banana Cinnamon Rolls that Can Actually Help You ‘in Weight Loss’
We all have been well aware of the typical banana cinnamon rolls, and pretty sure we all love it so much. But, that does bring along the ‘diet guilt,’ isn’t it? The very famous nutritionist and beauty expert, Kimberly Snyder thought over it, and here she brings us an amazing guilt-free banana cinnamon rolls recipe.
She has combined just the right ingredients in the most healthy way to avoid you repenting over the typical recipe based on refined flour and sugar. After all, desserts don’t need to be made of sugar all the time.
Bananas are one of the most appealing fruits in the world. Bananas are packed with minerals and vitamins required by our body to function properly. They are considered as one of the very healthy foods. Yet, they are misunderstood many times. Kimberly Snyder has even discussed the importance of bananas for the body in her new book, Radical Beauty.
She has explained that it’s not always about counting calories and avoiding carbohydrates to lose weight, but it is actually about how you balance your overall diet and opt for high-quality whole foods in different combinations to improve digestion.
Why bananas are so great? Kimberly has jotted down the following points that would definitely make you a fan of bananas:
1. They have some essential enzymes and natural oils to help your body in digesting them easily.
2. Bananas provide the lubrication to the digestive tract to avoid any weighing down of the digestive tract because of them.
3. They also contain cleansing fibres (a banana of medium size contains 3 grams).
4. The electrolytes in the bananas help restore electrolyte balance as in case of digestive issues like diarrhoea.
5. Bananas have potassium in high amounts (in a medium-sized banana – 600 mg), this balances the effects of sodium on the body
6. They also contain vitamins A, B, C, E and K along with folic acid (6 mcg) which is very essential for the formation of red blood cells.
This recipe will make sure you enjoy all the benefits with just 105 calories and almost zero fat content.
The Beneficial Spice
Cinnamon is usually used as a condiment for aroma and a flavouring agent. But, cinnamon is more than just that! It is a warm and sweet spice, which has tremendous health benefits. It is loaded with powerful antioxidants, thus, helping you fight against oxidative stress.
Cinnamon is one of the warm spices, and this property helps improve blood circulation, heat up your body, boost metabolism. This spice is known to reduce inflammation and associated symptoms too.
Cinnamon also regulates blood sugar level, curbs your cravings for sugar in between the meals and burns up your fat. All these in turn, take you more close to your weight loss goals.
Just for your ease, Kimberly has made sure to simplify the list of ingredients as well as the recipe for healthy banana cinnamon rolls. Keeping a check on the food combinations is very important while trying on a recipe. But, that’s not going to be a problem here as bananas and cinnamon fit together just perfectly.
Bananas don’t have high water content; hence, they are perfect to be used as an ingredient in desserts like this one discussed here. The easy and healthy recipe includes nearly two hours of baking process.
- Ripe bananas: 3-4
- Cinnamon: 2 tablespoons
- Dates: 10-12
- Vanilla extract: 1/2 teaspoon
- Sea salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Coconut: 1/4 cup
- Water: 1/2 cup
1. Preheat the oven at 200F – 250 F (lowest setting).
2. Evenly cut the bananas into long slices (1 banana into 3 long slices).
3. Place a parchment sheet into the tray and place all the slices over it.
4. Bake the banana slices for about an hour. Once done, put them aside and let them cool down.
5. Now, for the cinnamon filling, blend the cinnamon powder, vanilla and sea salt in a high-speed blender.
6. Add the roughly chopped coconut with the date paste. Mix it well.
7. Take the banana slices, one at a time, and cover one side with the cinnamon and coconut filling mixture.
8. Slowly roll the filled banana slices, making a coil-like roll and place onto the parchment sheet.
9. Bake them for the next 2 hours at the lowest temperature setting.
10. Once done, take them out onto a plate and serve them with coconut shavings sprinkled from the top.
You can serve these sinfully delicious banana cinnamon rolls for that special Sunday brunch or as a delectable evening snack.