There are many ways to lose weight fast and easily. Also, there are umpteen diet and exercise plans that could help you shed that stubborn fat and make you lose weight. Although it is not a very difficult task to lose weight, but your metabolism, i.e., how well your body turns calories into fuel, also matters. In fact, it is best to lose weight gradually rather than at one go. According to Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, if you lose weight too fast you will lose bone, water and muscle, instead of fat. Thus, it is advisable to lose small amounts of fat every week and avoid fad diets. Keep the following points in mind before you embark on a journey to lose weight.
- Cut on Sugar and Starch Intake: Sugary and starchy foods stimulate secretion of insulin, which is the main fat-storage hormone in the body. When insulin levels go down, it results in burning of fat instead of carbs. Also, when insulin levels are lowered, kidneys expel excess sodium and water from the body. This reduces the water weight. If you cut down on the carbs and decrease your insulin level, you will consume less calories without feeling hungry.
- Eat Proteins, Fats and Vegetables: Make sure that your meals contain a protein source, fat source and low carb vegetables. Importance of taking a protein-rich diet cannot be overemphasized.
- Lift Weights: Hit the gym at least 3-4 times a week. Do warm ups, stretching exercises and weight lifting.
The Following Weight Loss Tips Will Help Lose Weight Faster and Easier:
- Take a Breakfast Rich in High Protein: Consuming a high protein breakfast reduces cravings and intake of calories in a day. Don’t skip breakfast as it is an important meal of the day that allows you to stay active all-day long.
- Drink Water Before Meals: Studies claim that drinking water half an hour before meals helps in weight loss by about 44%.
- Avoid Fruit Juice and Sugary Drinks: These food items add fat to the body. You must avoid them to lose weight.
- Choose Weight-Loss Friendly Foods: Eat whole eggs, salmon, leafy vegetables and boiled potatoes. These foods help in weight loss. Don’t consume processed foods that are high in fats and sugars.
Reduce your calorie intake by 500-1000 calories. Consume a diet, which is good for the heart like fiber, vegetables, nuts and fruits. Repeatedly losing and gaining weight can increase chances of cardiovascular diseases. A safe diet focuses on expectations that are realistic.
Some Common Tips and Tricks for Dieting Are Discussed Below:
- Eat mindfully and consume a balanced diet. To increase your concentration while eating, count till 15 while you chew your food. Exercise for about 30 minutes a day. Walk as much as possible. Medications are effective when they are supplemented with a healthy diet and exercise.
- Losing weight boils down to how many calories you eat and how many you burn. Get enough sleep to lose weight fast. The better the quality of sleep you get, easier it would be for you to control hunger and more energy you will save to exercise. Track your eating habits with a food journal. It will help you increase your awareness of the calories you are consuming and will help you change your habits. You won’t lose weight if you don’t consume calories less than to what you burn. Unprocessed foods like donuts and cakes give you a lot of calories without satisfying your hunger. In fact, you will feel more hungry after eating these foods; thus, it is better to such foods.
- Eating natural foods like apple, fish, eggs will not only fill you up, but also help you maintain your energy levels. Go for a high-protein diet instead of low-carb diet. It will help you lose weight faster. These foods will quench your hunger without giving you too many calories. Drinking a lot of water is also correlated with losing weight. Drink a glass of water before meals. Follow a nutrition plan. This will help you set a goal and will guide you about the foods you must consume that will fill you up and at the same time, won’t give you too many calories. So, this way you would be able to count on your calories.
- Follow a plan to workout. If you have a proper workout plan, there will be greater likelihood of losing weight. Train your body for workouts as this will boost metabolism and prevent loss of muscles. Do include exercises like squats, pushups, pull ups as these will optimize the process of burning calories. This must be understood that losing weight will not happen overnight, so always be patient while on a weight loss mission.